Citizenship Test – The Answers
Posted by LibeRaCe on January 12, 2008
How well did you do?
1)Why did the Protestant Huguenots come from France to the UK in the 16th & 17th centuries? To escape religious persecution
2) By what percentage is the average hourly pay of women lower than men’s? 20%
3) What does GCSE stand for? General Certificate of Secondary Education
4) What number of potential first time voters (? out of ten) actually cast their vote in the 2001 general election? 2 out of ten
5) The UK has grown by what percentage since 1951? 17%
6) When will the next census be carried out? 2011
7) How wide is the widest part of the UK? 320miles
8) Where are the origins of the Father Christmas character said to come from?
Folklore taken to America by Swedish, German and Dutch immigrants
9) How often does the UK government Cabinet meet? Once a week
10) How many members of the National Assembly for Wales are there and how frequently are elections held? 60 members, elections every 4 years
11) The Official title of the heir to the throne is: b – The Prince of Wales (duh!)