IT not TV?
Posted by LibeRaCe on May 29, 2009
Recent Channel 4 research report – A Beta Life – has uncovered some surprising facts about young people’s (12-24) relationship with new technology. Read some of the findings on the channel’s blog spot.
Interesting points include:
- They personally own 8 devices (including MP3 player, PC, TV, DVD player, mobile phone, stereo, games console, and digital camera)
- They frequently conduct over 5 activities whilst watching TV
- 25% of them agree that “I’d rather stay at home than go on a holiday with no internet or phone access”
- A quarter of young people interviewed text or IM (instant message) friends they are physically with at the time
- They have on average 123 friends on their social network spaces
- And the first thing the majority of them do when they get home is turn on their PC