Peer e-guide (Digital Literacy) Project
Posted by LibeRaCe on October 11, 2011
Coleg Llandrillo Library and Learning Technology Service are looking for students who will be offered training and support in the use of the college ICT network, Moodle, e-safety, Web 2.0 tools and searching the internet effectively.
Role of Peer e-guide
Peer e-guides will be offered a range of training and support to raise their awareness and knowledge of Digital Literacy eg accessing e-resources, use of the College ICT network, e-safety, Web 2.0 tools and searching the internet.
- Peer e-guides will act as a point of contact for other learners on the same course for informal advice on ICT/information skills.
- Peer e-guides will primarily promote the support available within the College in relation to ICT/information skills eg support and training sessions offered by the Library & Learning Technology Service and learning materials on Moodle.
- Peer e-guides will NOT be expected to train other students
Training and support will be provided in the following areas:
- Using the College ICT network
- Effective use of Moodle
- Finding and using information
- Safe use of the internet
- Educational use of Web 2.0 tools eg blogs, wikis, etc
Peer e-guides will be required to:
- Attend an introductory briefing session
- Complete a short ICT skills questionnaire
- Attend one or more of the core training sessions offered
What’s in it for the e-guides?
- Looks good on CV
- Improved ICT skills
- Possibility of gaining extra qualifications
Call in to the library for further details or email firstname.lastname@example.org